Facebook Twitter
Images of CorhamptonImages of CorhamptonImages of CorhamptonImages of CorhamptonImages of CorhamptonImages of Corhampton
Text size:
  • A  A  A  A  


2. Minutes CMPC meeting 8 September 2021

AGAR 2019-20 S3 External audit report certificate
AGAR 2019-20 Annual governance Statement
AGAR 2019-20 Annual Internal Audit Report[7875]AGAR 2019-20 S3 External audit report certificate
AGAR 2019-20 S3 External audit report certificate
Notice of Conclusion of Audit 2019-20


Afternoon, all. You may remember the gas main works carried out as you come into Winchester during Lockdown 2.0. It looks like more works are being done in a similar location from 18th January to 15 February, with disruption and delays to traffic likely. It would useful if you could alert residents about this and suggest that they take a different route in, avoiding Chesil Street and Bridge Street.

best wishes


best wishes


Adopted 23 March 2020
Corhampton & Meonstoke Parish Council Risk Assessment Probability
Effect Ranking
Adopted 2010
Reviewed by C & M PC Council 23 March 2020
Area of Risk
Inaccessibility of chequebook from the Clerk 3 2 6
Loss/inaccessibility of files from Clerks' house (bank, contracts,
insurance) 3 2 6
Unanticipated costs for maintenance of Council property 2 3 6
Being sued 2 2 4
Villagers objecting to council commitments 2 2 4
Injuries sustained on Council property, specifically the play area
and recreation ground.
2 2 4
IT - loss of accounts fro Clerk's computer 3 1 3
Vandalism to Council property 2 1 2
Fraud by Clerk or financially responsible councillor 1 2 2
Unfair dismoissal/employee relations issue 1 2 2
Probability weighting - 3 Likely, 2 Possible, 1 Unlikely.
Effect Weighting - 3 Devastatin, 2 Serious, 1 Nuisance.
Preventative Measures for Risk Assessmenrt
1. Chair advised of telephone number of keyholder who has been informed that the Chair may
have access to PC files
2. Financial process addresses budget review and spending, Clerk writes all cheques, no cah is
3. A float equivlent to one year's budget is kept to address unanticipated
maintenance/replacement costs in advance of tha precept review.
4. ROSPA inspection of the play area andrecreation ground performed annually. Regular (biweekly) checks of playground performed and documented.
5. Insurance cover for liabilitity and skateboard and play area equipment. 
6.30pm Wednesday 13 January 2020
Via Zoom link

Your council news_ TIER 2 - A REMINDER

Minutes 9 Sept_ Nov 2020

Keeping Hampshire Safe this Autumn

View as a webpage



View this email in your browser
We’ve moved our district-wide newsletter online to reduce our carbon footprint and support our goal to be a carbon neutral council by 2024. The Autumn edition of ‘About Winchester’ is pack full of helpful information, and updates on our services and local developments, including:

  • How to get support during the ongoing pandemic
  • Climate change progress
  • Updates on housing, free city wi-fi, and regeneration in central Winchester and the southern parishes
  • Your brand new leisure centre – not long now…

Read all about it here.

This week, the government has introduced a number of new measures to help slow down the spread of coronavirus. As well as the new ‘rule of six’ in England which outlines that when meeting friends and family you must not gather in a group of more than six, indoors or outdoors, the following measures are now in place:

  • Since last night (Thursday 24 September), all pubs, bars and restaurants now only operate table service and close at 10pm, including takeaways. You’ll need to wear a face covering when visiting one of these venues until you have been seated
  • You must wear a face covering if you work in retail or are using taxis and private hire vehicles
  • From Monday next week (28 September), a maximum of 15 people will be able to attend wedding ceremonies, and up to 30 guests are allowed to attend a funeral
  • Large scale sporting events and business conferences will not be able to operate from 1 October as originally planned
  • The penalty for failing to wear a face covering or breaking the rule of six has now doubled to £200 for a first offence.

For further information, click here.

Since yesterday, to help NHS Test and Trace to identify and notify people who may have been exposed to COVID- 19, government legislation now requires local authority facilities and venues to display the official NHS QR code.

If you’re visiting one of our leisure centres (River Park or Meadowside) or are popping into the Tourist Information Centre, you will see the following code upon arrival. Customers are invited to scan it using their smart phones so the app can trace them if we have localised cases and thereby reduce the spread of infection…

  • Leisure facilities must now be closed to the public by 10pm every night. This means that activities will finish a little earlier to allow people to leave the building by the 10pm curfew.
Our new garden waste service starts in February next year, but you can order your new collection bin now. There are still 25 collections every year and you can choose between our compact bin at £39 a year or a large bin at £59 a year.
These new large bins hold more than 2.5 times the capacity of the old sacks. To sign up to have your garden waste collected as of February 2021, please visit www.winchester.gov.uk/garden-waste-collection
Winchester Town Forum is shaping a new Vision for Winchester and want to hear from you. The ‘One Great Win’ project has been set up to help create a 2020-2030 Vision for Winchester. There’s a lot of love out there for our district and some wonderful ideas about what the future could look like so do have your say.

We’ve already set up some working groups with people from difference areas across the to hear their insights and experiences of Winchester and we’ll share what they’ve discussed on the One Great Win website.

We’d love to hear your feedback on their thoughts about all things Winchester.

A consultation about suggested changes to our Council Tax Reduction  scheme (CTR)  is now open and closes on 1 November 2020. The proposed changes will only affect working age households who are currently receiving CTR, or anyone who may need to make a claim in the future and would come into effect from 1 April 2021.
You can now stay connected in Winchester city centre using our new free Wi-Fi service, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

To access the Wi-Fi search for the WinCityFree Wi-Fi network signal on your device and tap connect. You’ll be online in no time at all and able to check your email, or visit your favourite websites without worrying about data charges. Find out more here.

Do you know a member of the community who has made a real difference during COVID-19?
The Mayor of Winchester, Cllr Patrick Cunningham, has created ‘The Mayor of Winchester’s Local Hero Award’ to recognise all those who have put others first during the pandemic.Click here to make your nomination by Wednesday 30 September!

We are sending you this service delivery update because you have registered to use Winchester City Council’s portal, My Council Services, or we hold your email address in connection with the carrying out of a public task  or providing a service to you. For further information about how we use your personal data, please see our corporate Privacy Policy here.

Copyright © 2020 Winchester City Council, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp



We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:

– you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
– most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
– you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader


If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:

Email: clerk@candm-pc.gov.uk

We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 14 days.


We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:

Parish Clerk: clerk@candm-pc.gov.uk


The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).


Find out how to contact us


Corhampton & Meonstoke Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.

Compliance status

This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.


The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.

Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations

There may be pages with read more / click here links. See WCAG 2.4 Success Criterion 4.4 (Link Purpose (In Context)

There may be some pages where HTML isn’t perfectly formed, such as stray end tags. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.1 (Parsing).

Many of our older PDFs and Word documents don’t meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).

Some images on the website pages may not have a text alternative, so the information on them isn’t available to people using a screen reader. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).

When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.


This statement was prepared on 10 September 2020. The test was carried out by Wizbit Internet Services Ltd by sampling 10% of pages.





Covid19 – MHMC Certificate[5407]



Hampshire Household Waste Recycling Centres

pre-booking system

NHS Southern House

200512 Southern Health re Coronavirus Outbreak[3258]


200518 – COVID-19 Bulletin

Winchester City Council

COVID-19 UPDATE 3/5/2020

Hampshire CC


Parents and carers urged to remember online safety during the pandemic response

Hampshire County Council is calling for parents and carers to remain vigilant about online safety during lock down, highlighting the Government’s latest advice which sets out a four point plan of action that parents and carers should take.

Lessons in home schooling from Hampshire schools

Hampshire schools have been working creatively and innovatively to minimise the impact of having to close, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, on their students’ education.

Cllr Roger Huxstep

Member for Meon Valley


View this email in your browser

Parish Connect – April 2020

Parish connect (April, 2020)

Citizen Advice






Church Update

Posted on: 24th Mar 2020

Updated statement from Rector


Register your car

Register your car number plate for Hampshire Household Waste


In the light of the Government guidance around non-essential contact, the Archbishops of Canterbury and York have issued advice that public worship is suspended, and churches closed until further notice.

Funerals may still take place, but the PM’s restrictions apply for safety’s sake.

Sadly, our churches have now to close.

The Archbishops and Bishops of the Church of England have urged everyone to follow the instructions given by the Prime Minister to stay in their homes in a national effort to limit the transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19).

But they called on the Church to “continue to pray, to love, to care for the vulnerable”.

It follows the announcement by the Prime Minister Boris Johnson: (https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-address-to-the-nation-on-coronavirus-23-march-2020) of sweeping restrictions aimed at slowing the spread of the virus.

It means all Church of England churches will close with immediate effect in line with the Government’s instructions.

There will also be no Church weddings or baptisms.

Funerals at the graveside or in crematoriums can still take place, but only in line with the Prime minister’s Statement.

In a joint statement the bishops said: “In the light of the Government’s measures, announced by the Prime Minister this evening, we urge everyone to follow the instructions given.  Let us continue to pray, to love, to care for the vulnerable, and build our communities, even while separated.” A fuller statement will follow.

Prayers will be said by the clergy on behalf of everyone and we are exploring ways of sharing this with the wider community. Digital resources will continue to be made available on this website.  Daily prayers will be said for the community and the Eucharist with intercessions will be celebrated on behalf of all on each Sunday and Feast Day as far as possible and uploaded to this website.


With my prayers for you and your families and neighbours



Fr Tony

The Rev’d A W Forrest


Southdowns National Park



Disposal of Garden Waste in an Environmentally and Community Friendly Way

Before you light your bonfire, please consider the alternatives.  The smoke from your bonfire may cause a statutory nuisance, an offence under the Highways Act of 1980 and, in the increasingly densely housed community we live in, you will be causing residents with health problems, particularly respiratory illnesses such as asthma and bronchitis, unnecessary distress. Bonfire smoke comprises several toxic harmful and carcinogenic air pollutants and microscopic particles so your bonfire should be the absolute last option for the disposal of your garden waste. And don’t forget “if you have not grown it, don’t burn it”.

Home Disposal Without Burning

Try to compost your garden waste as much as possible. Consider using a shredding machine which can reduce hardwood materials into a mulch for use on your garden. The new leaf blower/shredders are fantastic in turning a morass of leaves into very compact and useful mulch.

The Green Bag Garden Waste Collection

Every fortnight with the exception of during the Christmas holidays there is a doorstep green bag collection waste service provided by Winchester City Council where the waste is recycled into Pro-Grow soil conditioner. You can recycle:


Grass cuttings Hedge cuttings Weeds
Small branches


Pruning’s Leaves (small amounts)


If your current bag is damaged or holed then you can order a new bag free of charge online and if you need additional bags to the free one provided, you can order these online too, though there is a one off fee (2nd bag, £25, 3rd bag £50, 4th bag £75).

Useful Links:



Use a Household Waste Recycling Centres

The closest Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) is located in Bishops Waltham less than 4 miles away and is open 7 days a week:

Address Opening Times
Claylands Road

Bishops Waltham

SO32 1BH

9am to 5pm 1 March to 31 March

9am to 6pm 1 April to 30 September

9am to 4pm 1 October to 28 February


Any householder can take their green waste to their local HWRC. From here it is turned into Pro-Grow Soil Conditioner which is available to buy from all HWRC sites.

If you struggle taking your bags up the stairs to the containers, then the HWRC staff are on hand to assist and are very happy to do so.

Please check the useful link below for details of whether your vehicle requires a permit, but in summary as a householder;

  • No permit is required for householders entering the HWRC site with the following vehicles; cars, 4X4s, cars towing trailers of less than 1.8m (aprox 6ft), Blue Badge holders and hired vans (householders who have hired a van for less than three days to dispose of their own household waste do not require a permit, but should bring the van hire agreement with them and present it to site staff on arrival.
  • A permit is required for householders entering the HWRC site with the following vehicles; Cars towing trailers between 1.8 and 3.0m (approx. 6ft and 10ft), Van/Pickup
  • Not permitted on HWRC site; horseboxes, vehicles weighing more than 3.5 tonnes and trailers over 3.0m (approx 10ft)

Permits are free to Hampshire residents and a single permit will give you 12 visits per year to the HWRC and in special circumstances additional permits may be granted, if for example you have a large garden.

As well as garden waste the HWRC will recycle many other household waste items, please check the link below for what you can and cannot dispose of at the HWRC.

Useful Links:





Hire A Skip

This is ideal if you have a major garden clearance project and it is not as expensive as you might think, especially if you keep it to a single type of waste.


Private Gardener

If you are fortunate enough to employ a gardener then, as a considerate member of our community, you should either dispose of your garden waste yourself in an environmentally and community friendly way or pay them to take it away. As a responsible business your gardener or contractor should have in place a method to dispose of the garden waste they generate through their business in an environmentally and community friendly way and not just burn it on site.

Bonfire Guidelines:

“If you have not grown it, don’t burn it”, so never burn household rubbish, paper, rubber tyres, or anything containing plastic, foam or paint etc. either in a bonfire or home incinerator. Do not use old engine oil, meths or petrol to light a fire.

If you must light a bonfire, ensure that the material to be burnt is dry. This will minimise the amount of smoke produced.

Do not light a fire when the weather conditions might cause the smoke to travel into your neighbours’ garden or property. In our densely packed community this is extremely difficult to achieve which is why you should consider another method to dispose of your garden waste.

Remember that smoke will hang in the air on a damp, windless day and in the evenings
around sunset.

Position any bonfire as far away from buildings as possible. Don’t light a fire if the wind will carry the smoke over roads. Bonfires which are on land near to roads and causing an inconvenience or a danger to passers-by can also be an offence under the Highways Act 1980.

Position your bonfire away from powerlines and telegraph poles.

If your bonfire site is close to a property with a thatched roof, please discuss with your neighbour whether your proposed site is suitable as their building insurance will likely stipulate the required safe distance for open fires, which seems to be over 100 metres.

Position your bonfire away from trees, first to protect them from heat damage but second so that the branches do not prevent the smoke from dispersing in the atmosphere and away from your neighbours.


Be courteous, tell your neighbours you are going to have a bonfire so they can close windows and bring in their washing and those with respiratory illnesses can take the appropriate action. If you do get a complaint, don’t carry on regardless, put your fire out and discuss the situation with your neighbour and explain why you are unable to use an alternative environmentally and community friendly way to dispose of your garden waste. Remember, your bonfire smoke can travel some distance, so do not be surprised if a complaint comes from someone who is not your immediate neighbour.


C & M Data Privacy Notice May 2018[8707]

C&M PC consent form[8708]

C & M Email and Website notice[8709]


MINUTES of 2018 AGM[8283]

MVAHG Survey St Clair’s Farm Results (NL) 24-25 March 2018[8282]

Winchester CC Laurence Ruffell

May report[8451]


fly tipping – WCC

FLY TIP – What is Winchester City Council doing about it?

Winchester City Council actively pursues fly tip perpetrators who blight our society. To ensure we can deliver an enforcement service the City Council has employed a specialist enforcement officer to undertake investigation. Once the investigation process has been undertaken and providing there is sufficient evidence the council will pursue a prosecution for those identified as the offender, whether they are individuals or a company.

What happens when I report a fly tip?

If a report comes in on line – both the Enforcement Officer and the Contracts Management Officer (CMO) will receive the majority of reports twice e.g. A WCC Customer Services report/complaint via an on line report form or Winchester App triggers an email to a service in-box (even if the specialist officer isn’t on duty the team supervisor will be able to see it), that information is also backed up with automatic notification via the city councils internal system (Lagan) which gives a unique reference number to the case. If a report comes in via telephone the information is added to the internal Lagan system via customer services which will also go directly to the enforcement officer and CMOs. The internal system is reviewed daily (Mon – Fri) and prioritised accordingly e.g. if there is a possibility of evidence at the site it will become a priority for investigation. Wherever possible the site will be visited within 24 hours so that evidence can be photographed in situ and then removed so that it can be used in any future prosecution. If there is no evidence e.g. white goods/builders rubble etc. a yellow W will be sprayed on the fly tip, which means it has been reported and is ready for clearance by our contractors.

What happens if I take away evidence for safe keeping?

Please do not to remove any evidence from fly tip sites because unfortunately it devalues a possible case and will not be used in the investigation process. As accredited officers we work with burden of proof which means we need to evidence anything collected against an individual or company e.g. found on site, is as stated in the case file and recorded against a set criteria such as the use of photographs and completion of pocket notes books (recognised by the court, entries may need to be exhibited by authorised officers who are accredited by the chief constable).

Is the City Council winning the battle?

To date the City Council has been granted £26,606.84 in fines and costs against the perpetrators of fly tip. As a result of working collaboratively with other local authorities, one of the prosecutions resulted in an offender being given a 12 month custodial sentence.

To date applications to court show a 100% success rate in fly tip prosecutions and that is largely due to the collation of good evidence and the robust processes the Council has in place to demonstrate the transparent and balanced approach taken when tackling environmental crime.

The City Council Enforcement Officer is a member of the Hampshire County Council fly tipping partnership group whose aim it was to support the development of the Hampshire Fly-tipping Strategy.  The key aims of this strategy are to:

  • Stimulate and maintain a change in behaviour amongst residents, businesses and landowners in their Duty of Care that will help to reduce the amount of fly-tipping in Hampshire;
  • Jointly agree the most efficient process for reporting, collection and disposal of illegally dumped waste;
  • Work together to maximise investigation and enforcement resources to ensure we use these in the most efficient and cost effective way, to achieve improved outcomes.

Establish a countywide fly tipping working group, who, in addition to supporting delivery of the above aims will also look to work with neighbouring authorities outside of Hampshire as well as Magistrates to encourage greater use of maximum penalties available.

For advice contact: Lesley Bridger or Davina Domone-Hollands via the City Council on 01962 840222 or to report a fly tip use the WCC online report forms.

So, to summarise, what should I do if I find a fly-tip?

  • Do not remove anything – all evidence is vital to identify perpetrators.
  • Report it on-line or via the telephone system.
  • Make a note of the logging number if you wish to check what progress is being made.
  • Wait for the Council to remove the fly-tip materials – they need to be allowed at least 24 hours notice to visit with intention of waste removal within 48hrs (once a yellow W has been put on the waste and subject to case load)
  • For fly-tipping on private land, we will offer a visit to the site and if evidence collected we will pursue for prosecution as appropriate, however site clearance costs will be the responsibility of the landowner.
  • Neighbourhood Service Officers can also offer advice about remedial action in order to reduce the risks of fly tip.


There have been several local complaints about drone activity recently. This mirrors the situation nationally – last year there were  10 complaints a day  compared to under 300 for the whole of 2014While further legislation is expected soon the following should help to clarify rights and responsibilities for ‘pilots’ and others.

The regulations for recreational drone flights are contained within the Air Navigation Order 2016 (ANO) which is the primary document for all aviation regulations within the UK.

However , in respect of small drones with a mass of 20kg or less, a set of specific, simpler, regulations apply. ).

In simple terms, these regulations state that drone pilots

*are responsible for flying your drone in a safe manner – at least 150 feet from buildings or 500 feet from built up or crowded areas

* must not endanger anyone, or any thing with your drone, including any articles that you drop from it

* must keep the drone in your direct sight at all times while it is flying, so that you can ensure that it does not collide with anything, especially other aircraft. However, you also should recognise that keeping the drone in sight is only half the story as you may not be aware of the effect the drone is having on the ground.  Livestock in particular, are panicked by drone activity.

If  your drone weighs more than 7kg, additional rules apply if you fly in certain types of airspace and you must not fly above 400ft above the surface

If  your drone is fitted with a camera, there are also a number of additional limitations surrounding where you can fly it, and how close you can fly it to other uninvolved people or objects. In order to be able to fly within these areas, or closer than the minimum distances that are in the regulations, you must obtain prior Permission from the Civil Aviation Authority to do so.”    Note that flying over gardens etc can upset people.

Drone pilots are legally responsible for any damage caused to people or property ( including livestock) both in civil and criminal law.

Anyone concerned by drone activities should contact Police who will investigate.


Bus Timetable


Please note the change of contact for the Community Bus is now John Shorrocks
Tel No: 01489 877499 and to hire the bus is now Richard Blackburn Tel No: 01489 877391

The Drone Code

PLEASE do not fly Drones on the Recreation Ground



The Village Agent


Canine Confessions

Watch Canine Confessions

Dog Excrement


MTC inf for PC

Tennis Club Now Open

Last Sunday’s Grand Opening of the new  tennis court on Meonstoke Recreation Ground was very successful.
Mince pies were eaten, mulled wine drunk, and the frost just about disappeared for our ‘mini’ members to play with the new mini tennis sets –  even some older players managed a few passes across the net!
If you, or any one you know, would be interested in playing or just helping to support this community tennis court please contact through the website  – www.meonstoketennisclub.com, or phone the Tennis Court Secretary, Kate Cook on 01489 877050

Resurection of Lay-By


Tennis Club

Meonstoke Tennis Club


The long-awaited tennis court at Meonstoke Recreation Ground is nearing completion, and we hope to have the tennis court ready for play in the next few weeks.

The tennis court will be a wonderful addition to the Recreation Ground which already boasts a playground, skateboard area, and gym equipment, and is sited at the far corner of the ground, with easy access for all.

The Meonstoke Tennis Club is a new, not for profit club, and we welcome anyone who lives in our local Meon Valley villages. If you or your family are keen on tennis, or wish to learn, why not consider taking out membership.

To provide the ongoing costs of the court, yet hopefully be affordable to all our residents, the subscription will be £25 per family per year.

Details of how to join will be available shortly on the link from the parish website or directly to:  www.meonstoketennisclub.com

Apart from the social aspects of the game, there are enormous health benefits to playing a game of tennis, and it is a great game that all the family can get into. There are no age restrictions, and the Club is particularly keen to encourage younger members to play.  We are hoping to arrange tennis lessons, including Mini Tennis for the under 8s and family-friendly sessions for Members in the very near future.

We hope to keep you posted with an update of events that we have planned over the forthcoming year.

Tennis Court


Work is well underway to build a new community tennis court in the corner of the Recreation Ground in Meonstoke.

Community Bus

Community Bus

Hampshire County Council Consultation & District Response


District Council Response


Councillors – Uper Meon Valley

County Councillor Roger Huxstep

City Councillor Laurence Ruffell, Conservative
City Councillor Hugh Lumby Conservative

Drop In Coffee Morning

Drop in Coffee Morning 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month for a chat and a cake from10:00am – 12noon at St Andrews Church, all are welcome!


Please see below an email received from David Street, if anyone would like to contact him or Hampshire County Council Rights of Way regarding footpaths needing attention, please see details below.

I am writing to you initially so that the parish council is aware of my approach. although I note from your website that Rowena Hyder is responsible for the MVT and footpaths.

I am a committee member of the Waltham Ramblers Group of the Ramblers

Association. Ramblers Groups are allocated a number of parishes to “look after”. That means that we have a footpath warden for the parish – a very pleasant task that I have undertaken for the past 3 years for

Corhampton and Meonstoke. We carry out an audit for Hampshire County

Council Countryside Service of all RoWs in the parish about every 5

years. This provides HCC with a detailed report about the state of each RoW.

In addition, I check all RoWs at least twice a year and report any defects to the Countryside Service. I can put up waymarks where there is somewhere to put them. The Countryside Service needs to install posts at present. In the past the Countryside Service has been quite responsive but, with cuts in staff and budgets, the service is bound to become worse. With that in mind, Waltham Ramblers has recently set up a group of volunteers who can replace stiles with gates and assist with vegetation clearance on paths which the Countryside Service do not clear.

We are also contacting all parish councils with a view to working with

them in order to pool resources and organise self-help groups.

We would like local people to be our eyes on the ground and report any problems they see, either to me or to the Countryside Service direct. We would like local people to help to keep their RoWs in good order by supplementing what the Countryside Service and our Group can offer.

contact details are: David Street 01489 896331

More details here

Meon Valley bus timetables

Our regular village bus service, No 17, has now been reduced to operate only two journeys to Bishops Waltham and Petersfield on Wednesdays only.

The Meon Valley Community Bus continues to provide a vital service running shopping trips to Fareham, Winchester, Petersfield and Waterlooville. Timetable here


How can I report a problem with litter? If you have a problem with litter email environment@winchester.gov.uk or alternatively ring 01962 840222

Meonstoke playgrounds – incident reporting

If you see something that is potentially unsafe or needs attention in the playground or on the recreation ground then please notify the Clerk by e-mail clerk@candm-pc.gov.u

Highway maintenance issues

All issues, including pot holes, drainage problems, overgrown hedges & verges, damaged signs or worn carriageway lining, should be reported using HCC’s website – www.hants.gov.uk/roads or by phoning Highways on 0300 555 1388

Does your property have riverside frontage?

To see details of ‘Living on the edge – a guide to your rights and responsibilities of riverside ownership please visit the Environment Agency website – www.environment-agency.gov.uk